This week in ELA...
Weeks of: November 26-December 7
Comprehension Test: Thursday, December 6th, 2018
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes: Friday, December 7th, 2018
Sources: "Animal Adaptations", Spiders, "Anansi and the Birds"
Essential Question: What helps an animal survive?
Comprehension Skill: Main Idea and Key Details
Vocabulary Skill: Prefixes/Suffixes
Grammar: Possessive Nouns
Spelling: Soft /c/ and Soft /g/
- A boycott is a planned joining with others in refusing to buy from or deal with a person, nation, or business.
- Encouragement is support that inspires hope and confidence.
- To fulfill means to carry out or finish.
- An injustice is a lack of justice or fairness. Cognate: injusticia
- People who are mistreated are treated badly by others.
- People protest when they object to something. Cognate: protestar
- A qualified person has the needed abilities to do something.
- Someone who is registered had his or her name placed on a list.
This week in Math...
- Chapter 7: Adding and Subtracting Fractions/Mixed Numbers/Improper Fractions
- Topic 7 Test: Thursday, December 20th, 2018