This week in ELA...
Weeks of: January 21-February 1
Comprehension Test: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes: Friday, February 1, 2019
Sources: "Words for Change", Abe's Honest Words
Essential Question: How can words lead to change?
Comprehension Skill: Author's Point of View
Vocabulary Skill: Latin and Greek Suffixes
Grammar: Linking Verbs
- An address is a formal speech.
- Something that is divided is separated into parts or pieces.
- Something done in haste is done with quickness in moving or in acting.
- If someone is opposed to something, he or she is against it.
- To perish is to disappear or vanish.
- A proclamation is an official public announcement of something.
- When something is shattered, it is completely destroyed or ruined.
- Tension is mental or emotional strain.
This week in Math...
- Chapter 9