This week in ELA
Week of: January 22-February 2, 2018
Comprehension Test: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes: Friday, February 2, 2018
Sources: "Words for Change", Abe's Honest Words, "A New Birth of Freedom"
Essential Question: How can words lead to change
Comprehension Skill: Author's Point of View
Vocabulary Skill: Latin and Greek Suffixes
- An address is a formal speech.
- Something that is divided is separated into parts or pieces. Cognate: dividido
- Something done in haste is done with quickness in moving or in acting.
- If someone is opposed to something, he or she is against it.
- To perish is to disappear or vanish.
- A proclamation is an official public announcement of something. Cognate: proclamación
- When something is shattered, it is completely destroyed or ruined.
- Tension is mental or emotional strain.