This week in ELA
Weeks of: September 24-October 5
Comprehension Test: Thursday, October 4, 2018
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes: Friday, October 5th.
Sources: "A World of Change", Earthquakes, "Tornado"
Essential Question: How do people respond to natural disasters?
Comprehension Skill: Compare and Contrast
Vocabulary Skill: Multiple Meaning Words (Context Clues)
Genre: Expository Text
Grammar: Types of Sentences; Subjects and Predicates, Compound Sentences
Spelling: Long e
1. To alter means to make different or change. (alterar)
2. To collapse means to fall down or cave in. (colapsar)
3. A crisis is a difficult or dangerous situation. (crisis)
4. Destruction is great damage or ruin. (destrucción)
5. A hazard is something that can cause harm or injury. (peligro)
6. Something severe is very harsh or serious. (severo)
7. Something substantial is of a great amount or size. (sustancial)
8. Unpredictable means not able to tell beforehand. (impredecible)