This week in ELA
Weeks of: October 22-November 2
Comprehension Test: Friday, November 2, 2018
Spelling, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes: Friday, October 5th.
Sources: "The Big Race", A Crash Course in Forces and Motion with Max Axiom, "The Box-Zip Project"
Essential Question: How can science help you understand how things work?
Comprehension Skill: Cause & Effect
Vocabulary Skill: Context Clues
Genre: Narrative Nonfiction
Grammar: Types of Sentences; Subjects and Predicates, Compound Sentences
Spelling: Long i
- To have capabilities means to have the needed skills, powers, or abilities.
- To accelerate means to move or cause to move faster.
- An advantage is something that is helpful or useful.
- Friction is a force between surfaces that slows objects or stops them from moving. Cognate: fricción
- Gravity is a force that pulls objects towards each other.
- An identity is who a person is or what a thing is.Cognate: identidad
- An inquiry is a search for information.
- To be thrilling means to be exciting.