1. Reading Homework
Read 30 minutes each night!!!!
a. Preferably your AR book so that you can meet your goal.
b. Write a 1 sentence summary in your notebook.
2. Language Arts/Writing
1st Week: Vocabulary Map for Vocabulary Words in Journal (refer to an example of a map below)
a. Monday: Word 1
b. Tuesday: Word 2
c. Wednesday: Word 3
d. Thursday: Word 4
e. Friday: study your words
2nd Week: Vocabulary Map for Vocabulary Words in Journal (refer to an example of a map below)
a. Monday: Word 5
b. Tuesday: Word 6
c. Wednesday: Word 7
d. Thursday: Word 8; study for spelling and vocabulary quizzes
3. iReady Reading/Math: 15 minutes only (goals will vary according to your child's progress)
4. Math: Refer to agenda for specifics/changes
5. Science/Social Studies: Refer to Agenda
6. Spanish (EFL): Refer to Agenda
7. Make sure dad or mom sign your Express Card. Don't leave home without it or you will lose the points for that day.
*NOTE: All homework assignments are written on a daily basis in their agendas. Please check agenda and sign the Express Card every single day. This serves as Teacher-Student-Parent Communication. Check for any important notes from the teacher. It is your child's responsibility to write his/her homework the moment they come in the classroom and to bring their Express Card to school.